As I'm thinking over what a great time we had Saturday night with Father Boeckman and Christopher the seminarian, I keep coming back to this new word/phrase that Father turned us onto. The problem is that I just can't remember the other 2 words!
While I can't quite remember how the words go, I still remember the meaning. Father and Christopher shared their vocations with us and reminded us of the importance of being on the look out for men with a talent for priesthood. They made us think about encouraging our own sons and nephews to follow their calling and to see the honor in having a child grow up and become a priest. I personally want my children to find the fullness in life that Father described and would welcome whatever that may be for them.Okay, back to reticular whatever it is. If you were in mass on Sunday, you already heard this...three times now if you were at dinner Saturday. Father explained it this way. If you get a new car (say a red Toyota Corolla), you will begin to see that same type of car everywhere you go when you never noticed them before. I can vouch for that. We've been talking about and saving for a Honda Odyssey mini van for a year and I can't go anywhere without seeing them now...white ones! I look at them and try to imagine myself in one and try to imagine that I'll still look cool...mini vans are cool right???
Anyway, the point is Father (and the Pope of course) hopes that we'll start to see potential priests in our lives and in our parishes. From now until June 19th next year, we'll be observing the Year of the Priest and should use this time to pray for and encourage vocations to the priesthood as well as prayers for our already ordained priests and seminarians. With time, this may become a habit for you or reticular you know what at least.
Did I mention what a great time we had Saturday night by the way? We had a wonderful turn out and a delicious meal followed by great conversation. Father shared with us his path to becoming a priest and really shed some light on a way of living that is so "counter culture" to our society. If you couldn't make it Saturday, I'd really encourage you to take Father up on his offer to share his vocation. It is very interesting and he has some funny stories about meeting the Pope and even does a killer impression of Archbishop Beltran.
Thanks, Father B! Keep the pope...I'm mean Hope Alive!
No comments:
Post a Comment