Probably not...but not because I haven't been praying! I guess better late than never so please enjoy the few pictures I got at the dinner with Brother Simeon.
Who would ever have thought a monk could be so FUNNY. I have an entirely new perception of monks and learned a few little tid bits about how they live and work together. Very interesting stuff.
A few of us hanging out before the meal.
Can you say YUMMY?
After the meal, we all went in and sat on the couches for an entertaining and enlightening discussion on prayer. Brother Simeon had several great suggestions for prayer and helped us to define what prayer actually is and why we do it. I especially liked how he reinforced the importance of attending mass on our prayer lives vise versa. He said that many (our age especially I'm sure) think that we don't need to go to mass and we can just pray on our own. He said that might be fine for a little bit but the less we attend mass the less we pray and the less we pray the less we attend mass. We NEED both!
Thank you to those that attended. I enjoyed the fellowship and look forward to future activities soon. God Bless!
1 comment:
Cari,
Looks great. Thanks for your post!
Fr.Boeckman
Post a Comment